OFFICIALLY LICENSED Pirates of the Caribbean
JACK SPARROW FLINTLOCK Limited Edition
When Captain Jack Sparrow is marooned on a desert island by his mutinous first mate, Barbossa, he's left with a flintlock pistol with one shot left. But by the thrilling climax of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, the shot's still there, and Barbossa finds himself looking down the barrel of Jack’s flintlock and hoping the powder's wet.
In the "Golden Age" of piracy, no self-respecting buccaneer went anywhere without his flintlock. The forerunners of modern gun technology, flintlocks were developed in the early 1600s and remained in use for nearly 300 years. The technology is simple. The lock – the method for exploding the charge – is made of flint. When struck against a piece of steel (the 'frizzen"), the flint creates sparks which explode the gunpowder packed in the barrel, propelling a lead ball at the target – in this case, Jack's ghostly adversary.
For filming, Captain Jack Sparrow's flintlock was built according to exact historical models and specifications. Master Replicas is proud to offer this hero prop of Jack Sparrow's flintlock recreated with painstaking care to take you back to buccaneering days of old.
- Non-firing replica of the original flintlock used by Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean II: Dead Man's Chest.
- Modeled after the prop used in filming which was built using exact historical models and specifications.
- The simulated antique ebony wood finish of the original prop is carefully decorated with cast metal detailing.
- Displayed on an antiqued hanging wall display with a numbered Limited Edition plaque.
- Limited Edition of 3000 pieces worldwide. Comes with Master Replicas certificate of Authenticity.